[CMake] CMakeCache Files

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 12:05:14 EDT 2010

2010/7/14 Benjamin Eikel <cmake at eikel.org>:
> Hello Mike,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 14. Juli 2010, 17:33:57 schrieb Michael.Schmidt at l-3com.com:
>> I'm a newbie with cmake, and I wanted to clarify a couple things.  From
>> what I understand, there's no command to clear CMakeCache files.  If I
> the program cmake-gui has a menu option "Delete Cache".
>> add a new file or change the CMakeLists, then I have to delete the
>> CMakeCache files manually.  If I change an option using ccmake, do I
>> have to remove the cache files before "generating"?
> I do not think that this is necessary. CMake should overwrite the according
> values.

In "classical" use like updating your CMakeLists.txt and adding files
you don't need to  delete cache.

Sometimes you do but as you said you are a newbie you may not
need it until some weeks :-)

If you encounter weird CMake errors cleaning the whole build tree
is usually a good idea though.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org