[CMake] How does one find blas and lapack on OSX?

John R. Cary cary at txcorp.com
Mon Jul 5 12:59:28 EDT 2010

On 7/5/2010 10:54 AM, James C. Sutherland wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 10:44 AM, John R. Cary <cary at txcorp.com
> <mailto:cary at txcorp.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 7/5/2010 9:37 AM, James C. Sutherland wrote:
>>

>>     On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 9:34 AM, John Cary <cary at txcorp.com
>>     <mailto:cary at txcorp.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         I have simply:
>>
>>            FIND_PACKAGE(BLAS)
>>            FIND_PACKAGE(LAPACK)
>>
>>         but cmake gives
>>
>>         -- Looking for BLAS... - NOT found (Fortran not enabled)
>>         -- Looking for LAPACK... - NOT found (Fortran not enabled)
>>
>>         Is this more complicated somehow?
>>

>>     Be sure to include
>>     enable_language( Fortran )
>>     in your project.
>>
>>     James
>

>     Thanks much.  That worked.
>
>     On another OS, I need to use clapack.  Is there a way
>     to find that instead?
>
>     Thx...John Cary
>

> Look back in the mail list archives.  There was a discussion on this a
> while back.  If you search for CLAPACK in the archives it should come up.

Thanks very much.  In thinking about this, I realize that what
I really need is to build with whatever lapack, blas was found
by Trilinos, when I built it.  Is there a standard way of doing
this?

I see that Trilinos puts some information in the installation
directory

iter.cary$ grep -i lapack TrilinosConfig.cmake
SET(Trilinos_TPL_LIBRARIES "/usr/lib64/liblapack.so;/usr/lib64/libblas.so")
SET(Trilinos_TPL_LIST "LAPACK;BLAS")

Thanks...John Cary