[CMake] Exclude CMakeFiles path from GLOB_RECURSE

Diablo 666 thediablo666 at hotmail.de
Thu Jul 1 04:15:55 EDT 2010

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

> 1. Never use GLOB_RECURSE. It's evil. E.g. if you add or remove source files, CMake has no way of knowing that it should be re-run.
I have tested rerunning cmake manually and it worked out well. (Testcase: I added a new .cpp file to the build) I either have to change the CMakeLists.txt or to rerun cmake manually. Seems to be the same effort for me.

> 2. Never do in-source builds. CMake creates many, many files, and you don't want to delete them all individually for a clean build. And there's no way to implement a safe "make clean" (e.g. your build system might be running a custom utility which generates files CMake knows nothing about).

I know these problems. I will never do an in-source-build again :-) But unfortunately, I have to support in-source builds, too.

Best regards,
Andreas