[CMake] How to determine a ABI version of the arm-linux-gcc?

Yegor Yefremov yegor_sub1 at visionsystems.de
Tue Jan 26 11:47:49 EST 2010

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> please apply the attached patch to Modules/CMakeCompilerABI.h (current CVS,
> but 2.8.0 should work too).

Thank you for the patch. I applied it to the 2.8.0.

> You should then get the variables CMAKE_(C|CXX)_COMPILER_ABI set to
> either "ELF ARM" or "ELF ARMEABI".

Do I see it right, that this variable is relevant when building CMake itself? I need ABI to be recognized if I compile my own application with CMake, so I can say that this application should be compiled only for EABI. This statement would make ABI check for given GCC (in this case arm-linux-gcc) and reject the compilation if this condition is not satisfied.

> Please let me know if this works for you and also whether you think these
> names are appropriate for these two ABIs.

The names are appropriate.

Yegor