[CMake] What's the best way to support additional compilers for an "official" CMake language such as Fortran

Arjen Markus arjen.markus at deltares.nl
Tue Jan 26 07:10:25 EST 2010

Hi Brad,

I tried to do this, using the Compaq Visual Fortran compiler as a test
case, as I can do that rightaway, but I ran into some trouble:
- I removed the files referring to that compiler from my version of the
   PLplot repository
- CMake complained at first about f90 - the -o option is ambiguous IIRC
- There were no output files created in the working directory, but there
   was a message that all was fine.
- I tried to reproduce the error messages, but CMake reacts differently
   now: there is no indication it is trying to find a Fortran compiler,
   and it is finished very fast indeed.

Is it storing the cached information in another location than the
current (working) directory? If so, which is it?

I tried to repeat the above steps with a different directory, but that
had no effect.

Regards,

Arjen