[CMake] How to *not* delete generated files on 'make clean'

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Wed Jan 20 09:59:40 EST 2010

> Von: Hendrik Sattler
> Zitat von Christian Ehrlicher
> > I'm using QT4_CREATE_TRANSLATION() to automatically update my
> > ts-files for translations. Now my problem is that cmake is to smart
> > and deletes my generated ts-files during 'make clean'. Is there a
> > way to work around this? In general it's fine that cmake deletes the
> >  output of an add_custom_command() but in this case ... :)
>
> It is the same as with .po files: there is no sense in automatically
> updating them on a build (except that it takes time to do so).
> There are two cases:
> - The translations are already up-to-date -> no changes.
> - The translations are not up-to-date -> after the automatic update,
> they still don't have any additional translations.

I just want to have updated ts-files and then check them in. I don't translate the ts-files by myself.
I've an option where I can enable/disable the ts-update. Using an additional target would work but...

Christian
--
Hilfe für Haiti! Spende per SMS: Sende UI HAITI an die Nummer 81190.
Von 5 Euro je SMS (zzgl. SMS-Gebühr) gehen 4,83 Euro an UNICEF.