[CMake] Having design issues implementing Xbox360 Generator support

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Jan 19 14:33:22 EST 2010

On Tuesday 19 January 2010, David Genest wrote:
> Hi Again,
>
> Hopefully I will catch the attention of cmake maintainers. I think Cmake
> support of Xbox 360 would help the gaming industry more easily adopt cmake
> to build their projects. I don't know it this work is too specific to
> warrant inclusion in cmake. This is a long post, so please bear with me.
> Please tell me if there is a better place to post this question.
>
> I want to contribute the work I have done, but I need some guidance.
>
> Here is where I'm at: (Right now, I have what I call an alpha version of
> VisualStudio9 support for Xbox360)

XBox is x86, right ?
Is this cross compiling, in other words, can executables for the XBox be
executed on the development host ?

I haven't read the remainder of your mail closely, but I think you have quite
similar issues to the ones encountered for supporting Windows CE:

This is currently not progressing because of the way how to find out the
architecture of the most simple program the given compiler has built.
Can you please check if this is the same issue as yours with the
Windows-cl-Xbox360.cmake file ?

Alex