[CMake] intercomponent link dependencies?

Jed Brown jed at 59a2.org
Sun Jan 17 08:05:18 EST 2010

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 18:59:45 +0100, Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:
> In general, yes.

Neat, I'd never heard of this being recommended.

> It's just that this feature is still relatively new (2 years now), and I think
> no existing Find-module has been converted.

:-/

It looks like it would be well worth thinking critically about whether
the _QT4_ADJUST_LIB_VARS macro is the best possible interface for
setting this up, then put that functionality in a module that is
distributed by CMake.  Otherwise we're never going to get a library of
Find* modules that do this correctly because hacking the module so that
"It works for me" is lower incremental cost (for each value of "me")
than figuring out how to do it right.

Jed