[CMake] FindGTest patch

Stephan Menzel stephan.menzel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 05:10:44 EST 2010

Hi Philip,

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Philip Lowman <philip at yhbt.com> wrote:
> Thanks for adding the 64-bit support.  I will merge it in soon but
> before I do I just wanted to confirm that the path for the 64-bit
> libraries is "msvc/x64/Debug" & "msvc/x64/Release" regardless of if
> the MD or MT project files are chosen?

Well, for me this was the case, yes. GTest doesn't come with 64 bit
targets though, so I had to add them manually. Without any further
adjustments this is what came out of it. I was a bit confused at first
too.

> Also, not sure exactly what you mean by not handling debug/release
> linking very well.  Where did you find that version of FindGTest and
> what was wrong with it?  It looks different from the one that was
> released with CMake 2.8.0.
>
> Also, The latest version in CMake CVS (with some minor changes from
> 2.8.0) is here:
> http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Modules/FindGTest.cmake?revision=1.4&root=CMake&view=markup

The version I've sent has been modified by me. So it's not exactly a patch.
About the Debug/Release handling, it appeared a bit strange to me that
you firstly assign the release version to the final variable and then
modify the string to match the "optimized;libname;debug;libname_d"
scheme. I think it's better to handle them seperately and assign the
string afterwards. It makes the code seem simpler and easier to
understand. Just an impression though, of course feel free to ignore
that bit.

Thanks for looking at it...

Stephan