[CMake] Proposal for new generator options

Jochen Wilhelmy j.wilhelmy at arcor.de
Fri Jan 15 16:01:15 EST 2010

Please see it from the point of view of someone who is not a cmake
expert and also not a visual studio expert.
such a user will not know what CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS are
and also not know that /MD or /MT controls dynamic or
static runtime of cl.exe on the command line
(and what about the settings in the project xml-file?)

As I at least know a bit of Visual Studio the simplest
solution for me is to patch the output project using
TinyXML.

But as cmake is such a powerful tool why fail on
simple things?

Jochen