[CMake] Unknown CMake command "UNSET".

Aaron_Wright at selinc.com Aaron_Wright at selinc.com
Mon Jan 4 13:54:45 EST 2010

I didn't mean to imply that CMake itself was a pain to build or use on
linux. I work in a pretty controlled environment that needs to be
reproducible. I use debootstrap to create this environment, thus,
everything is a nice little deb package. The destro is hardy, which is a
little old, and so the latest backport was version 2.6.2. To get a new
version of CMake I'd have to do the backport myself, which isn't too hard.
I'd have to create the deb package and stuff it in my repo. All steps I
was hoping to avoid.

It might be worth using 2.8, so I could go through the effort.

Thanks for providing a work-around.
Aaron Wright

Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net>
Sent by: cmake-bounces at cmake.org
01/04/2010 10:45 AM
Please respond to
a.neundorf-work at gmx.net

cmake at cmake.org
cc
Aaron_Wright at selinc.com
Subject
Re: [CMake] Unknown CMake command "UNSET".

On Monday 04 January 2010, Aaron_Wright at selinc.com wrote:
> I'm not trying to do anything too fancy, just trying to call:
>
> UNSET(<variable> CACHE)
>
> It works with MSVC, but in linux I get:
>
> Unknown CMake command "UNSET".
>
> Am I missing something? Linux is version 2.6.2, and MSVC is 2.6.4. I'm

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Released_Versions

unset() exists since 2.6.3:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_2.6.3_Docs
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_2.6.2_Docs

In many cases a
set(FOO NOTFOUND CACHE STRING "docs..." FORCE)
(or FALSE or "" instead of NOTFOUND) is also good enough.

> asking first because I don't want to update the linux version, as that
is
> difficult.

You can just download the binary packages for Linux available here:
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html
(http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/cmake-2.8.0-Linux-i386.tar.gz), and
unpack it
somewhere on your machine (e.g. in /opt/) and then call this cmake
executable
directly.

Alex