[CMake] vcproj .user files

Ryan Pavlik rpavlik at iastate.edu
Thu Feb 18 08:52:32 EST 2010

Make sure you have quit the visual studio instance in that build directory -
VS assumes that only it modifies the .vcproj.user files, so it does not
detect changes and will overwrite a modified file.  At least with 2.8.0,
this works fine when visual studio is closed.

Ryan

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 4:59 AM, Surya Kiran Gullapalli <
suryakiran.gullapalli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I'm facing a weird problem with CONFIGURE_FILE on windows with CMake-2.8.1
> (RC3)
> I've followed the steps outlined here<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1005901/how-to-set-path-environment-variable-using-cmake-and-visual-studio-to-run-test/1151593> to
> set PATH environment variable for an executable.
>
> The problem is, when I click configure, .user file is created fine with out
> any issues. But when i click "Generate", the created file is overwritten by
> the one generated by VS.
>
> Lets say I've this line in The template file *
> Environment="PATH=@PATH_ENV_VARIABLE@",*
> when i click *Configure*, the PATH_ENV_VARIABLE is properly substituted.
> But once I *Generate * the solution, the above said line in .user file
> becomes *Environment=""*, which is default.
>
> What is going wrong here ?
>
> Thanks,
> Surya

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ