[CMake] Cmake with wxWidgets ribbons

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 09:46:09 EDT 2010

2010/8/30 assume_R <assurem at gmail.com>:
> Hello.  First post to the mailing list.  Just thought I'd share a bug I
> found and fixed.
> The new version of wxWidgets (>= 2.9) contains a "ribbons" library, which
> emulates the ribbon UI of MS Office and newer Windows 7 applications
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribbon_(computing)).
> However, the FindwxWidgets.cmake file in the "Modules" directory of cmake
> needs to have the following modifications for the ribbons library to work:
> 1. Line 306 "FOREACH(LIB core adv aui html media xrc dbgrid gl qa richtext)"
> Should change to "FOREACH(LIB core adv aui html media xrc dbgrid gl qa
> richtext ribbon)"
> 2. Line 347 "FOREACH(LIB core adv aui html media xrc dbgrid gl qa richtext)"
> Should change to "FOREACH(LIB core adv aui html media xrc dbgrid gl qa
> richtext ribbon)"
> Then, you can simply type "find_package (wxWidgets REQUIRED base core
> ribbon)" in your CMakeLists.txt file, for example, to add the ribbon UI to
> your cmake-handled project!
> Hope this helps someone, and hopefully this can be added to the next version
> of cmake!  I wasn't sure if I should have submitted a bug report or not,
> since it would be immediately opened and closed.

You can check who is the maintainer of this module there:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Module_Maintainers
he/she should usually be subscribed to the list but....

if ever you do not get any feedback, "after some times",
may be a gentle direct e-mail with a patch attached would
be a good way be sure your feedback is taken into account.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org