[CMake] CMake without C/C++ compiler check.

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Mon Aug 30 07:23:17 EDT 2010

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:11:46 +0200, Giraudon Cyril <cyril.giraudon at free.fr> wrote:
>  Hello,
>
> I'd like to use CMake to build a fortran project (ifort) and
> on my win64 machine, I have no C/C++ compiler.
>
> CMake seems to check always  C/C++ compilers  and this makes errors.
>
> So I'd like to know if there is any way to disable C/C++ compiler tests ?

$ cmake --help-command project
cmake version 2.8.2
  project
       Set a name for the entire project.

         project(<projectname> [languageName1 languageName2 ... ] )

       Sets the name of the project.  Additionally this sets the variables
       <projectName>_BINARY_DIR and <projectName>_SOURCE_DIR to the
       respective values.

       Optionally you can specify which languages your project supports.
       Example languages are CXX (i.e.  C++), C, Fortran, etc.  By default C
       and CXX are enabled.  E.g.  if you do not have a C++ compiler, you can
       disable the check for it by explicitely listing the languages you want
       to support, e.g.  C.  By using the special language "NONE" all checks
       for any language can be disabled.