[CMake] makefile to CMakeLists.txt, possible?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 09:39:44 EDT 2010

2010/8/19 Mr Shore <shore.cloud at gmail.com>:
> Actually it's not my projects, but the well known projects like MySQL,
> Firefox and so on..

CMakeifying this kind of project may not be an easy task, moreover my own
opinion is that you shoudl ensure that the project stakeholder may be
interested in
this effort.

In fact if they are not interested you may be wasting your time
following the evolution
of the officially supported build system.

I do not think you'll find a useful converter tool for this kind of
project and even if
some tool may do say 80% of the work you'll end up diving in the
current build system
in order to manually do the remaining 20%.

Why would you want to CMakeify Firefox or MySQL?

--
Erk
http://www.april.org