[CMake] Visual Studio Express projects don't inherit from parent

Tron Thomas tron.thomas at frontier.com
Mon Aug 16 21:53:57 EDT 2010

On 08/16/2010 10:38 AM, Brian Davis wrote:
> First off, I don't know the answer to your question, but I am curious
> how you are getting CMake to create inherited projects.  What are the
> commands you are suing to create an inherited project in CMake?  This
> is something I think I can use in my projects.

I'm not creating inherited projects per se.  I used the
include_directories command to set the path to a directory that contains
header files that should be used by multiple targets in the project.  In
Visual Studio terms this is analogous to applying a setting to the
solution.  All the sub projects in the solution need to inherit the
settings of that solution to pick up the header file path.  Because this
is not happening automatically through the CMake script, I having to go
through each project individually and select the inherit from parent
setting to they all pick up this search path.