[CMake] Cmake 2.8.2 Bug under windows

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 20:36:44 EDT 2010

2.8.1 also does this

I thought it was because i didn't specify the drive, because I'm
pretty sure I did this a lot when first developing cmakelists for my
projects... but I don't know maybe 2.8.0 did it differently and I
don't have that anymore... maybe I had the cmake-gui up and kept
hitting generate/configure instead of relying on the make to do it?

make a directory on the root of a drive called 'test'
make a CMakeLists.txt in that directory - it can be empty
make a directory next to test called 'build'

cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" /test
(runs okay)
make
(runs okay, but does nothing)

update the timestamp on the /test/cmakelists.txt (open it and save it
or touch it)
then run make in build

then you get the result

------------
C:\build>make
CMake Error: The source directory "C:/build/test" does not exist.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
Makefile:118: *** [cmake_check_build_system] Error 1

#0  cmake_check_build_system at C:/build/Makefile:118
#1  all at C:/build/Makefile:70
#2  default_target at C:/build/Makefile:5

---------------------

To Reiterate steps

mkdir /test
touch /test/CMakeLists.txt
mkdir /build
cd /build

[cmake-gui /test] or [cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" /test]
touch /test/CMakeLists.txt
make
(fails)