[CMake] Framework + Unix tools help

Chris Wolf cw10025 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 15:15:12 EDT 2010

On 8/12/10 10:20 AM, Carlos Gonçalves wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have already looked everywhere possible (so to speak) on how to create a Framework + Unix tools as described in [1] but found no examples. So far I was able to create a Framework only [2].
>
> I'm trying to add Mac OS X support to GeneratorRunner[3] and my current CMakeLists.txt can be viewed in [4]. Any help would be appreciated :-)
>
> Thanks,
> Carlos Gonçalves
>
> [1] http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Bundles_And_Frameworks#Framework_.2B_Unix_tools
> [2] http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Bundles_And_Frameworks#Framework_only
> [3] http://qt.gitorious.org/pyside/generatorrunner
> [4] http://pastebin.com/p7CKYP2z

I am not certain about your main question - but looking at your code, I see you have:

add_custom_target(dist...

...which creates a file, "ChangeLog.txt" from the git log, then creates an
archive.  You only need to create the "ChangeLog.txt" file here; you
don't need to create temp dirs and invoke tar and bzip2 - cpack can
do that for you, via the defined package generators.

For creating source and/or binary archives, just use one of the CPack
package generators:

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:CPackPackageGenerators#TBZ2

To create the configured binary package(s), either invoke "make package"
or invoke cpack directly:  "cpack"

To create the configured source package, either invoke cpack via:
"make package_source" or directly via:
"cpack --config ./CPackSourceConfig.cmake"

Sorry I couldn't answer your "real" question... ;)

  -Chris