[CMake] ifort 9.1 unable to compile a simple test program

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Aug 9 12:44:04 EDT 2010

On 8/9/2010 12:31 PM, Verweij, Arjen wrote:
> Brad,
>
> I have access to the machine again. I've tried another approach. What do you make of this? I'm sure you know what cmake -E vs_link_exe is supposed to do. :)
>
> The first works, the second does, even with /INCREMENTAL:YES
>
> Regards,
> Arjen
>
> ACCORDING TO build.make:
>
> E:\trycompile\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp>E:\cmake28\bin\cmake.exe -E vs_link_exe E:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\9.1\em64t\bin\ifort.e
> xe /nologo CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/testFortranCompiler.f.obj /W1 /nologo /fpp /libs:dll /threads   /debug:full /dbglibs /F
> ecmTryCompileExec.exe -link /implib:cmTryCompileExec.lib   /INCREMENTAL:YES /debug /subsystem:console  user32.lib
> backend signals
>
> Severe: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in
> a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.

The vs_link_exe creates a resource file that gets embedded into the
file.  It is so we can create files with embedded manifests.   The steps
used are covered here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/zakramer/archive/2006/05/22/603558.aspx

Must be that this version of ifort chokes on the resource being embedded...

-Bill