[CMake] Support for multiple components in cpack

Mon Aug 9 12:11:05 EDT 2010

On Friday 06 Aug 2010 4:18:36 am Eric Noulard wrote:
> > On Monday 02 Aug 2010 4:59:47 pm Eric Noulard wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I did add a patch for the "multiple file problem"
> >> http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=10736
> >>
> >> May be interested people can have a try and comment
> >> this patch.
> >>
> >> It adds the possibility  for any CPack generators to generate multiple
> >> file. It adds "preliminary" support for component to all "Archive
> >> Generators" (ZIP, TGZ, STGZ etc...) as an example of use.
> >>
> >> The change is "backward compatible" in the sense that if
> >> all CPack generators (but the archive one) behaves as before
> >> with either componentized  project or not.
> >>
> >> Waiting for feedback before going on
> >
> > Thanks. It just tried this and it works as claimed. Later today, i will
> > inspect the generated packages on a windows machine too.
>
> Do you have feedback on WIndows?

I tried this on windows today and it works fine there too! :)

While i was with a windows machine, i also noticed that with the NSIS
installer, installation of libraries was not forced when applications alone
was chosen. Also, i wonder if there is a way to set which components should be
preselected. I guess I should just read the documentation first! :)
--
Cheers!
Kishore