[CMake] ifort 9.1 unable to compile a simple test program

Verweij, Arjen VerweijA at tass-safe.com
Mon Aug 9 10:14:48 EDT 2010

Hi,

>Interesting.  It works for ifort 11.1.  So does
>
>  ifort /incremental:yes myfile.f
>
>ICE for any file with ifort 9.1?

Hrm, no not really :|

Not too sure why this is breaking. Is this technically an ICE? I see ifort reporting it, but it occurs when linking and both ifort and xilink call link of visual studio to link stuff? Maybe I can try other ways of linking later on (i.e. the way cmake attempts in the trycompile step), access to the machine has been suspended for a bit pending an upgrade.

sq.f:
      function my0(x)
      real x
      my0 = x**2
      WRITE (*, *) my0
      return
      end

main.f:

*
C Hello World in Fortran 77
C (lines must be 6 characters indented)
*
      PROGRAM HELLOW
      real myvar
      WRITE(UNIT=*, FMT=*) 'Hello World'
      myvar = my0(2.)
      END

Z:\testbin>ifort /c sq.f
Intel(R) Fortran Compiler for Intel(R) EM64T-based applications, Version 9.1    Build 20060324
Copyright (C) 1985-2006 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Z:\testbin>ifort /c main.f
Intel(R) Fortran Compiler for Intel(R) EM64T-based applications, Version 9.1    Build 20060324
Copyright (C) 1985-2006 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Z:\testbin>link /incremental:yes main.obj sq.obj
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 8.00.50727.762

Z:\testbin>main.exe
 Hello World
           4

Regards,