[CMake] Building for 2 platforms with 4 compilers

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 06:56:58 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Kārlis Repsons <k at 11.lv> wrote:
> Good day in here,
> I was trying to figure out how should CMake be used to automate building, which
> can happen on two or more platforms with some 4 compilers to be used in total,
> and should store the results in file tree like $platform/$compiler or
> $platform/$compilerEnvironment. Could you please suggest me how should it be
> done? Some example?

I use one ctest script per compiler+platform. Eg:

Using gcc-snapshot:

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/zorglub_gdcm2_gcc_snap.cmake?root=DashboardScripts&view=markup

Using gcc-4.3:
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/zorglub_gdcm2_gcc43.cmake?root=DashboardScripts&view=markup

Using ctest scripting makes sure your test script is portable and is specifically tailored to calling cmake.

HTH
--
Mathieu