[CMake] Working with targets

Dietmar Hummel dietmar.hummel at gmx.ch
Wed Oct 28 04:02:52 EDT 2009

Hi all!

Maybe I just didn't find the answer. Sorry in that case...
I am wondering how to manage different targets.

What I would like to handle are targets like
release
debug
demo release (additionals defines)
first customer oem release (other additional defines)
second customer oem release (again different set of defines)
... and so on ...

Additionally I would like to be able to build all libraries
in a static and a shared variant.

I couldnt figure out how to do this in general and I am wondering how to do this if I would like to have the same targets set on windows and unixes because of the differences multi-configuration generator on windows side vs. single-configuration generator on unix side.

Maybe you could give me a hint where to search for or can show me a little example...

Regards
Dietmar Hummel