[CMake] Problem with CMake 2.8

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 18:53:42 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm using the latest RC build of CMake 2.8 and I noticed a new annoyance.
Please follow these steps:

   1. Create a CMakeList.txt that sets up a project with any number of
   source files in it (4 should do fine).
   2. On Windows, run the cmake-gui tool to generate for Visual Studio 9
   2008.
   3. Open the solution. Everything should be fine so far.
   4. Edit the CMakeLists.txt to add some more source files to the project
   (try 2 or so)
   5. With Visual Studio still open, use the cmake-gui tool again to
   regenerate the project.
   6. Now click on Visual Studio to bring it forward as the active window.
   7. A window will pop up asking if you would like to reload the project,
   hit yes.
   8. Now more popups come up saying "The solution already contains an item
   named ZERO_CHECK".

Step #8 above is the culprit. Why does this dialog come up now? This is so
annoying, especially when I'm opening a solution that has 50+ projects under
it. I have to click it once for each project.

---------
Robert Dailey