[CMake] Why drop -D from wxWidgets_DEFINITIONS ?

Werner Smekal smekal at iap.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Oct 27 16:15:56 EDT 2009

Hi Orion,

On Oct 27, 2009, at 6:53 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:

> On 10/26/2009 12:44 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
>> in 2.8.0, FindwxWidgets.cmake strips -D from
>> wxWidgets_DEFINITIONS.  Why?
>>

> Note that this is breaking previously working builds of plplot
> because of the missing "-D".  I don't see this being done in any
> other module.

I can't talk for Miguel, but these changes should not break your code,
if you use the UsewxWidgets.cmake file which adds all the definitions,
flags, etc. accordingly. We (for plplot) couldn't use this macro since
we needed the definitions only for some source files, and since they
were not placed in a separate directory, we just set the properties
for the source files (without using usewxwidgets.cmake). This was
maybe not the best thing to do, but for cmake 2.8.0 the plplot cmake
build system is now broken (for the wxWidgets driver).

Anyway, we need to change the plplot cmake build system for the
wxWidgets part, since the changes Miguel applied fixed some problems
for the MinGW and Visual C++ compiler toolset and I also plan to
include FindwxWidgets.cmake to the plplot source, so that cmake 2.6.x
users can also benefit from these changes as well.

Regards,
Werner