[CMake] Kdevelop generator on windows

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Oct 26 14:01:53 EDT 2009

On 26.10.09 11:36:10, Dixon, Shane wrote:
> Is adding the kdevelop generator for Windows on the roadmap now that the
> KDE project has a Windows installer?

If you look closely its the KDevelop3 generator and the "3" in there is on
purpose. KDevelop4 (the only version that might eventually run on windows)
doesn't need a specific generator. Instead you can just use Open/Import
project and point it to your CMakeLists.txt. Give it a builddir and thats
it.

> Looks like Kdevelop is still
> considered unstable, but does install.

I strongly suggest to not use the one in the installer right now. Only
during the last few days the crashes on startup have been fixed in svn. So
right now you'd have to build kdevelop from sources to get anything
remotely usable on windows.

Andreas

--
Your mode of life will be changed for the better because of new developments.