[CMake] Does "cmake.exe" expect a shell?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Oct 26 11:32:51 EDT 2009

On 26.10.09 11:21:07, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> in kdevelop4 we're running cmake to prepare a builddirectory from a source
>> dir. This worked just fine on linux, however we're running into a problem
>> when executing on Windows for the NMake-Generator.
>>
>> It seems this generator absolutely needs a shell (i.e. cmd.exe) as its
>> environment and its not enough to simply start kdevelop from the C++
>> development console.
>>
>> Does cmake.exe have an explicit check for a real cmd.exe shell on windows?
>> (I don't have access to cmake sources right now)
>>
>> Andreas
>
> CMake requires that the environment be setup for use with the command
> line cl.   This is usually done by running vcvars32 or some other .bat
> file that sets up the environment.  By default the cl compiler will not
> just work unless the env is setup for it.

But that should be the case if I start kdevelop from a cmd.exe that had
vcvars32.bat called. However it seems that executing cmake still fails when
spawned via win32 process api. I'll get back when I have more data about
this.

Andreas

--
You had some happiness once, but your parents moved away, and you had to
leave it behind.