[CMake] Visual Studio, per-config directories: What is the recommended way to set them?

Anteru Anteru at shelter13.net
Fri Oct 23 15:13:14 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using currently the SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(... PREFIX "../") trick
to get rid of the Debug, Release subfolders with Visual Studio. When I
reported a bug for the VS 2010 generator (#9768), I got a note that
issue #9163 might be interesting for me. I tried to set
CMAKE_LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY and CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY with
no luck; the _DEBUG/_RELEASE are not implemented, right? Putting both
the debug and release binaries into the same folder is very helpful
for my setup, as I copy some data/config files around, and I don't
have to duplicate this if both debug/release are in the same folder
(symlinking on Windows requires root rights, so it's out of question.)

So what is the recommended way to set it (if there is any)? Otherwise,
where can I vote for issue #9163?

Cheers,
   Anteru

OT: Just managed to build CMake from CVS with VS 2010/x64 :)