[CMake] How to generate MSVC projects that will build after install

Steve Huston shuston at riverace.com
Fri Oct 23 00:08:42 EDT 2009

I'm trying to generate project files for some code examples that will
go into the installer for a project. Thus, any reference to a source
or binary dir from the build or source tree is invalid in the
generated project.

I'm having problems with:

- include directories. I tried include_directories(../../include)
(which would work in the install tree that's eventually put in place).
When the vcproj file is generated, the include path has
<cmake-current-source>\..\..\include

- pdb files; these have fully qualified paths under the binary
directory

Any idea on how I can solve these? Although the items above are based
on problems I'm having with the MSVC files, I'll also need this to
work for Makefiles.

Thanks,
-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications