[CMake] CMake ignores CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH?

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 16:35:13 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 4:31 PM, Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/10/19 David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com>:
>>> You can use $ENV{CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH} to get the contents of the path.
>>>

>> I tried to do this:
>> INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES} $ENV{CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH})
>
> I think the appropriate syntax should be:
>
> INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES($ENV{CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH}))
>
> even if I don't know if comma separated value is supported because
> the doc says:

My understanding was that:
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(a)
sets INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES to a

where
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES} a)
sets INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES to what it was PLUS a

Is this correct?

Also, these are colon separated values in the .bashrc file - so is the
answer that cmake cannot do this? If so, does it seem like a
reasonable feature request?

Thanks,

David