[CMake] Endless Regeneration of Visual Studio Files

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu Oct 15 17:31:49 EDT 2009

Generated a project for VS 2008 Standard Edition Win64 and when I
compile my code I am always getting the following:

1>------ Build started: Project: ZERO_CHECK, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
1>Checking Build System
1>CMake is re-running because build system is out-of-date.
1>Warning: CMake is forcing CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to "cl" to match that
imported from ITK.  This is required because C++ projects must use the
same compiler.  If this message appears for more than one imported
project, you have conflicting C++ compilers and will have to re-build
one of those projects. Was set to C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft
Visual Studio 9.0/VC/bin/amd64/cl.exe
1>-- Configuring done
1>-- Generating done
1>-- Build files have been written to: C:/Users/mjackson/Workspace/AIMBlades/x64

I am not intentionally changing any of the CMake files or anything
else that I am aware of. I can Compile the project and as soon as it
completes, compile again and the entire project is recompiled again.
Usually VS will just spit out a simple line that says the project was
built. zero errors.

 So what might be causing something like this to happen. I have edited
my CMake files in the last few days so something that got added to
them has had this effect on the VS projects.

  I my CMakeListst.txt I am doing things like:
 Using Qt 4 in my project so UIC and MOC are being run.
 using configure_file to generate a few icon .rc files for windows
 Generating some headers the first time through

Thanks for any pointers.

 What if moc or uic generates the same file twice (due to the same UI
file being in 2 different targets)?

Thanks
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net