[CMake] Any recent guides to adding support for doxygen

Hendrik Sattler post at hendrik-sattler.de
Wed Oct 14 11:56:15 EDT 2009

Zitat von John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>:

> I want to add doxygen support to my projects but my google searches
> are not finding good recent information on how to do this. Or has
> nothing changed in the last 3 years?

Create a normal configuration file for doxygen replace some of it by
variables and use configure_file().
Some that are good candidates:
PROJECT_NUMBER
   You may want to keep version numbers in one place (in CmakeLists.txt)

OUTPUT_DIRECTORY
INPUT
   As those may change when doing out-of-source builds, this is rather
mandatory.

GENERATE_*
   You can generate more that one Doxyfile from a Doxyfile.in, each used to
   generate another output format. Connect that to custom commands and targets.

Most of the other stuff is probably static enough to leave them fixed
in the template .in file.

HS