[CMake] Automated packaging

Dixon, Shane Shane.Dixon at atmel.com
Tue Oct 13 18:34:15 EDT 2009

I have a build system that can build multiple packages.  One has a built-in simulator and the other runs in "real" mode.  I end up with 2 NSIS packages, one ending in -emul and one ending in -real.  I want to automate this process so that I can do this:

  1. Check out from SVN
  2. Configure (for simulation mode)
  3. Build
  4. Test
  5. Package simulation version
  6. Reconfigure (for real mode)
  7. Test
  8. Package real version
  9. Copy both packages to an archive

I've done a Ctest script, so I can checkout, build, test, etc., but it doesn't seem to let me "nmake package".  How can I script these steps so that I can build two different variants of my program?  How can I invoke the "nmake package".  Does this even belong in a Ctest script or should it be elsewhere (it seems outside of the scope of Ctest)?

--
Shane Dixon
Linux Engineer