[CMake] SOVERSION with DLL's

Dixon, Shane Shane.Dixon at atmel.com
Thu Oct 8 17:03:18 EDT 2009

James,

That worked really well.  Thank you!

--
Shane

-----Original Message-----
From: cmake-bounces at cmake.org [mailto:cmake-bounces at cmake.org] On Behalf Of James Bigler
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 10:16 PM
Cc: cmake at cmake.org
Subject: Re: [CMake] SOVERSION with DLL's

This is what I do:

if(WIN32)
  set_target_properties( mylib PROPERTIES OUTPUT_NAME "mylib.${abi_version}" VERSION ${MYLIB_VERSION_STRING})
else()
  set_target_properties( mylib PROPERTIES OUTPUT_NAME "mylib" VERSION ${MYLIB_VERSION_STRING} SOVERSION ${abi_version} )
endif()

Where abi_version and MYLIB_VERSION_STRING are provided by my script.

The files are built with the versioned name and install normally.

James