[CMake] cmake linking issue

Wed Oct 7 10:32:59 EDT 2009

I am attempting to build a software called gazebo and am running into errors
when make attempts to perform linking. I've posted a message on the gazebo
mailing list but did not get a response, so perhaps I can explain the
situation here.

CMake is used by gazebo as the build system. There are several
prerequisites, one of the being ode which is not installed locally (but in
/usr/local/include/ode/). All the linking issues have to do with references
to ode not being found. The other two prereqs are boost which is installed
as root, and ogre which is installed locally in my home folder.

When CMake is run it is not clear whether or not ode is found. I get the
following two conflicting messages:

-- checking for module 'ode>=0.10.1'
--   package 'ode>=0.10.1' not found
--   ode-config reports version 0.11.1

It first says that it was not able to find the required ode, but then
implies that it has been found. Ultimately cmake completes without errors
and generates the makefile. There are however two warnings, and I am not
sure that this is related to the problems that I am experiencing:

CMake Warning at server/CMakeLists.txt:102 (ADD_EXECUTABLE):
  Cannot generate a safe linker search path for target gazebo-exec because
  files in some directories may conflict with libraries in implicit
  directories:

    link library [libGL.so] in /usr/lib may be hidden by files in:
      /usr/X11R6/lib

  Some of these libraries may not be found correctly.

When I run make on the makefile that cmake has generated, make will get to
98% at which point it performs "Linking CXX executable gazebo" and gives me
many error messages such as:

libgazebo_server.so.0.9.0: undefined reference to `dBodySetMass'

all of which refer to ode functions.

Any help would be appreciated!