[CMake] rdynamic and fpp flags failing

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Oct 6 08:45:36 EDT 2009

Jason Slemons wrote:
> actually he only gets the second error. I am using cmake/2.8.0-rc2. I’ve
> attached the CMakeError.log. How can I get Cmake to suppress these two
> flags? Strange enough this works under cmake 2.6.4(meaning these two
> flags are not used).

The key error message is this:

  "The Fortran compiler identification could not be found"

This means it doesn't know that you're using the PGI compiler and will
not set up the flags accordingly.

It's strange though that the only compiler id failure entry in the log
is when trying with the -fpp flag.  This flag is needed by some Fortran
compilers to enable preprocessing.  However, CMake is supposed to try
identifying the compiler by using no special flag, then "-c", then "-fpp".

Was this a fresh build tree?  What output did CMake write to the terminal?

-Brad