[CMake] cmake can't find Boost 1.40.0

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Sun Oct 4 16:11:47 EDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 6:28 AM, Timothy Chan <
timothychanmailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a newbie question here. I am installing a software called gazebo
> which uses cmake. The software requres boost 1.35+. I have 1.32 on the
> system, and 1.40 installed locally. Cmake seems to only be able to find 1.32
> and is not able to find my local installation of 1.40.
>
> I have boost installed in:
> /home/timchan/boost_1_40_0
>
> In my .bashrc file I put:
>
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/timchan/boost_1_40_0/libs:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> export CPATH=/home/timchan/boost_1_40_0/boost:$CPATH
>
> When I run cmake, I get the following error:
>
> CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:868 (message):
>   Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.
>   Boost version: 1.32.0
>   Boost include path: /usr/include
>   Detected version of Boost is too old.  Requested version was 1.35 (or
> newer).
>

> I am using cmake 2.6.4 on CentOS 4.7. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated!!

You need to set Boost_ADDITIONAL_VERSIONS in include your version of Boost.
See the documentation to FindBoost.cmake.

I don't think LD_LIBRARY_PATH or CPATH (whatever that is) would have any
affect on FindBoost.  You may want to use BOOST_ROOT either as an
environment variable or CMake variable to assist in finding your custom
build of boost.

--
Philip Lowman