[CMake] [CPACK RPM] intermediate directories

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 10:09:02 EDT 2009

2009/10/3 David <cmoidavid at gmail.com>:
> On FC6 with cmake 2.6.4
>
> After some checks:
> I have a INSTALL(file DESTINATION /etc/init.d) but I think that directories
> /etc and /etc/init.d should not be include in the files section of the spec
> file
> (because I have a conflict with the package chkconfig which also provides
> the /etc/init.d directory).
>
> To be clear, if I generate a RPM with a file in /etc/init.d, I should have:
> rpm -qpl test.rpm
> /etc/init.d/file
> and NOT
> /etc
> /etc/init.d
> /etc/init.d/file

That is clear.

> I wrote a first patch to change the original behavior of CPackRPM.cmake.

Patch is welcomed I'll test it.
Would you be kind enough to open a bug for this on the bug tracker:
http://public.kitware.com/Bug

and attach the patch to the tracker, that way CMake developer may be able
to track the issue properly.

I think you should try to provide patch for CMake 2.6.x and may be
CMake 2.8.0-rcX
too because CMake 2.8.x is entering rc stage for which "minor" bug fixes may
still be included (I'm not deciding this though, just an opinon).

I'm not a CMake developer, I'm just contributing to CMake with CPackRPM
and maintaining some Wiki information about it:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:CPackPackageGenerators#RPM_.28Unix_Only.29
I may help testing your patch too.

If you file the bug please, send at least one more message to the list which
points to the appropriate bug tracker link.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org