[CMake] CMake cvs TOT and Xcode

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Oct 2 10:40:47 EDT 2009

Sean McBride wrote:
> On 10/1/09 11:17 PM, James Bigler said:
>
>> Well, it worked just fine with CMake 2.4.6, so wouldn't this be a
>> regression?
>
> I guess.  Or possibly you were lucky it ever worked (as in, relying on
> undefined behaviour that changed).  I have no idea. :)
>
> I just found it a little odd that you would be using a days-old CMake
> and an Xcode released in October 2007.  Xcode 3.1.4 was released just a
> few weeks ago.

We did change CMake.  Before we used to hard code the build archs into
the file (i386, ppc, etc.).   We now use a variable that Xcode uses,
something like $(DEFAULT_ARCH) different name, but you get the idea. If
that is not defined for some reason for this version of Xcode we can fix
it.  CMake knows what version it is building for.  We did have this same
problem with Xcode 1.5 and did a fix.   So, since this is most likely a
regression, I would like to fix it.   However, I don't have access to
Xcode 3.0 so it is hard to fix... :)

-Bill