[CMake] Crosscompile: CPack Macos and NSIS

Canga Marcelo marcelocanga at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 09:43:37 EDT 2009

I am having trouble building a NSIS package running  cpack from my mac
for windows xp

This is what I have on my cross-compile setup in my mac:

      I have a cross-compile setup working in Macos, mingw-gcc
      I have cpack - zip  running on my mac  for windows xp

This is what I have in windows xp:
     I have cpack - nsis for windows xp running from windows xp

This is what is not working,
      I can't run cpack nsis from my mac for windows xp.

When I try to run cpack from my mac, the process die with the
following message,

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
   what():  basic_string::_S_construct NULL not valid

Has anybody been able to builder a NSIS windows xp distribution from a
mac using cpack?
I know that makensis works in my mac. I tested it.

Any suggestions?