[CMake] Best practices when using CMake 2.6 and Eclipse CDT 6.0

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Fri Oct 2 08:04:24 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 7:38 AM, Mike Jackson <mike.jackson at bluequartz.net>wrote:

> I'm confused by the "preprocessor statement highlighting" in Cmake
> 2.8? What exactly is being highlighted? Is there a new Text Editor or
> is this something in CMake-Gui.exe?

I'm sorry, that wasn't very clear.  What I meant to say is that CMake 2.8
has some changes in it (thanks to Miguel & Alex) that improve Eclipse
recognizing certain system-defined preprocessor statements.  This in turn
can fix problems where Eclipse "greys out" large blocks of code preventing
indexing features from working properly.

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Source/cmExtraEclipseCDT4Generator.cxx?revision=1.26&root=CMake&view=markup

--
Philip Lowman