[CMake] infinite loop when trying to change the compiler in CMakeLists.txt

Marcel Loose loose at astron.nl
Thu Nov 5 17:55:44 EST 2009

Another way to deal with this is to set CMAKE_C_COMPILER and
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER *before* the first project() command. You could do
this in the main CMakeLists.txt file or in a separate CMake script file
that you include before the project() command.

In fact, this is what also happens when you do cross-compilation using a
tool-chain file. The tool-chain file is being read as the very first
file, before any CMakeLists.txt file is processed.

I don't know if doing things this way is considered good practice, but
I'm using it for our project to build with different compilers depending
on the name of the build directory.

Hope this helps,
Marcel Loose.