[CMake] SWIG runtime header and "make install"

Bill Spotz wfspotz at sandia.gov
Fri May 29 13:41:45 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am using CMake to build compile SWIG-generated python extensions,
and I have added

     SET(SWIG_RUNTIME swigpyrun.h)
     ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND(
       OUTPUT ${SWIG_RUNTIME}
       COMMAND ${SWIG_EXECUTABLE} -python -external-runtime
       )

to my CMakeLists.txt file so that I can utilize the SWIG run-time type-
checking functions, by generating swigpyrun.h in the build directory.
When I run

     $ make install

I get

     CMake Error at packages/PyTrilinos/src/cmake_install.cmake:59
(FILE):
       file INSTALL cannot find file
       "/Users/wfspotz/Development/Trilinos-dev/packages/PyTrilinos/
src/swigpyrun.h"
       to install.
     Call Stack (most recent call first):
       packages/PyTrilinos/cmake_install.cmake:39 (INCLUDE)
       cmake_install.cmake:46 (INCLUDE)

So my questions are: (1) why does CMake not know that swigpyrun.h is
in the build directory, (2)  why does CMake think swigpyrun.h needs to
be installed, and (3) how can I tell CMake that it does not need to be
installed?

Thanks

** Bill Spotz                                              **
** Sandia National Laboratories  Voice: (505)845-0170      **
** P.O. Box 5800                 Fax:   (505)284-0154      **
** Albuquerque, NM 87185-0370    Email: wfspotz at sandia.gov **