[CMake] Dynamic library problem.

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Wed May 27 07:46:17 EDT 2009

I am not sure whether this is a CMake setting or not. However we are
building an application that links against a library in /usr/local/lib
called e.g libPocoFoundation.so (this is a symbolic link to
libPocoFoundation.so.6). When we try to run the code on another system
it fails because in that system, libPocoFoundation.so is a symbolic
link to libPocoFoundation.so.8 not  libPocoFoundation.so.8. If fact it
tells us it cannot find libPocoFoundation.so.6.
I would have thought that if the code is linked against
libPocoFoundation.so it would not matter about the version number of
the library (assuming the functions used are unchanged).

Has anyone any advice or comments?

Thanks
   Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean