[CMake] Suggesting to FindQT4.cmake where to find QT4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon May 25 16:46:10 EDT 2009

On 25.05.09 19:10:27, Jed Brown wrote:
> Alan W. Irwin wrote:
>
> > My experience is that you can cleanly distinguish between various Qt4
> > versions by simply putting qmake for the version you want first on
> > your PATH.
>
> Do you seriously consider this a solution,

Of course, you do the same thing if you want to make sure that gdb from
/usr/local is used instead of the one from /usr/bin.

> or just a hack that works for
> you?

I don't see a hack.

>  It breaks as soon as you have two packages
>
> /path/a/foo
> /path/a/bar
> /path/b/foo
> /path/b/bar
>
> The user should not need to go to great contortions to use /path/a/foo
> with /path/b/bar.

Can you please elaborate, I have no idea what a/b or foo/bar refer to in
this example. However qmake knows exactly where the headers and libs
(and data) for the Qt its supposed to be used with are. So having the
right qmake first in your PATH is the right thing to setup. Either that
or look into the docs for FindQt4.cmake to find out the name for the
CMake variable that the module accepts for pointing to the right qmake
binary.

Andreas

--
Truth will out this morning.  (Which may really mess things up.)