[CMake] Suggesting to FindQT4.cmake where to find QT4

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Mon May 25 16:40:00 EDT 2009

> Alan W. Irwin wrote:
>
>> My experience is that you can cleanly distinguish between various Qt4
>> versions by simply putting qmake for the version you want first on
>> your PATH.
>
>Do you seriously consider this a solution, or just a hack that works for
>you?  It breaks as soon as you have two packages
>
>/path/a/foo
>/path/a/bar
>/path/b/foo
>/path/b/bar
>
>The user should not need to go to great contortions to use /path/a/foo
>with /path/b/bar.

You obviously feel strongly about this, but your explanation of your
objections is not clear.

Have you ever tried setting the PATH?  It is actually quite easy and does
not involve "great contortions".

All I do is execute

PATH='/home/software/qtsdk-2009.02/qt/bin:'$PATH

and from then on, cmake uses the version of Qt4 that I downloaded and
installed in the specified location.  If I want the system version of Qt4
again (which I don't for my needs), I remove the above from my PATH.

It really cannot get much simpler than this.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).