[CMake] Suggesting to FindQT4.cmake where to find QT4

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Mon May 25 12:57:36 EDT 2009

On 2009-05-25 13:40+1200 Matthew Huck wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Is there a way to specify to FIND_PACKAGE (when in Module mode) a path on
> which to find Qt4, we have a system that has Qt3 (hence qmake) installed as
> a system package, and we have build Qt4 in our sandbox, and would like CMake
> to find that instead of Qt3. Before calling FIND_PACKAGE we set QTDIR to the
> correct path of the built QT4 sandbox, but it still finds the system qt3
> one.
>
>  Any attempt to tweak the FIND_PACKAGE line makes it go to a CONFIG mode and
> then it just doesn’t work.
>

>  Any ideas?

My experience is that you can cleanly distinguish between various Qt4 versions
by simply putting qmake for the version you want first on your PATH.  For
example, right now I have my PATH adjusted so that

software at raven> which qmake
/home/software/qtsdk-2009.02/qt/bin/qmake

so this downloadable SDK for Qt-4.5.1 is the one that is used by CMake
rather than my system version of Qt4.

I am pretty sure this PATH adjustment idea will also work to cleanly
distinguish between Qt4 and Qt3.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).