[CMake] post-install script

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Sat May 23 10:11:42 EDT 2009

Michael Wild wrote:
> Thanks David
>
> yes, I already did try that (it's the obvious thing to try...).
> Unfortunately the script runs before any of the files get installed.
>
> Actually, I need to work around this bug:
> http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=9054 by setting setting
> INSTALL_NAME_DIR of the Mac OS X frameworks to
> ____remove_this_string____. A script should then use install_name_tool
> to fix up things as a post-install step.

Look at the cmake_install.cmake files in your build tree to see where
the CODE/SCRIPT was was actually placed.  That should work.  We use it
in CMake on the Mac:

     INSTALL(CODE "set(input_file

\"\$ENV{DESTDIR}\${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/MacOS/${CMAKE_BUNDLE_NAME}\")")
     INSTALL(SCRIPT
"${CMake_SOURCE_DIR}/Source/QtDialog/CMakeIngestOSXBundleLibraries.cmake")

That script gets run after the install happens.

-Bill