[CMake] Need advice for unit test structure

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Wed May 20 22:38:31 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 9:40 PM, Robert Dailey <rcdailey at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm still looking to figure out how a single project can be configured to
generate multiple executables. Can anyone clarify?

A Visual Studio project file is limited to one target (executable, library,
etc.) as far as I know.  If this is what you're asking.

At work what we do is clump our unit tests for each class (in a library)
into a single unit test executable.  In this way we minimize the number of
executables linked and the number of tests that run and show up in Visual
Studio.

We use gtest but the same principals apply with cxxtest, cppunit, etc.

--
Philip Lowman