[CMake] FIND_PATH finds two out of three?

Christopher Harvey chris at basementcode.com
Mon May 18 20:29:55 EDT 2009

I'm not sure how to explain the fact that arMulti.h is reported as
located in /usr/include....I'm not sure but maybe you have to delete the
CMakeCache file...I don't think cmake has any bugs like finding files
that don't exist. Your script seems fine from what I see. Maybe you can
post a bit more? Also please keep this on the cmake mailing list.

eial at cs.bgu.ac.il wrote:
> On Tue 19 May 3:07 2009 Christopher Harvey wrote:
>
>> I don't know how the ARTK library is installed on linux systems, but you
>> could add the NO_DEFAULT_PATH option to find_path...chances are it's
>> looking in a default path and picking up a header in /usr/include before
>> getting to your specified directories.
>>
> there is a file named ar.h in /usr/include but it isn't part of the package thus it is logical it is placed in a specific sub directory.
> now I've tried with another file which (arMulti.h) doesn't happens to be in /usr/include and the answer is the same
>
>> What makes you think the /usr/include is bad? The others seem right to me, that's the broken one right?
>>
> like I've said before, there is already a file named ar.h in /usr/include that belongs to another package so it can't be installed at /usr/include. under ubuntu it can be found at /usr/include/artoolkit/AR. I wrote the install script for gentoo thus it is installed at /usr/include/AR.
>
>> eial at cs.bgu.ac.il wrote:
>>
>>> I'm writing a program which is based on 3 external libs, Poco, ARToolKit and opencv, now the locations in the include folder is has followd:
>>> opencv headers are in /usr/include/opencv folder, Poco headers are in /usr/include/Poco folder and ARToolKit headers are in /usr/include/AR folder.
>>> I'm trying to find the folder in which the headers resides, but only two are returned ok, here is the code:
>>>
>>> FIND_PATH(ARTK_INCLUDE_DIR ar.h /usr/include/AR /usr/local/include/AR)
>>> FIND_PATH(OPENCV_INCLUDE_DIR cv.h /usr/include/opencv /usr/local/include/opencv)
>>> FIND_PATH(POCO_INCLUDE_DIR Poco.h /usr/include/Poco /usr/local/include/Poco)
>>>
>>> MESSAGE(STATUS ${ARTK_INCLUDE_DIR})
>>> MESSAGE(STATUS ${OPENCV_INCLUDE_DIR})